Welcome to the Roman Catholic Parish of St Lawrence of Canterbury, which was run by the Marist Fathers (Society of Mary) since 1911. It is a lively Parish, with a large number of lay people assisting in various ministries. Many groups and organisations are active within St Lawrence’s, catering for the needs of local people.
The Marists Fathers due to lack of man power had to relinquish responsibility for the running of the parish. Fr. John Diver was appointed by Archbishop Peter Smith to be the new parish priest, in August 2012.